To install Maya on Fedora. We need to download the official Maya
RPM package that comes with a GUI installer, that makes the installation even easier. Let’s get started with installing Maya on our Fedora workstation.
- Logging in as
rootin a terminal window. su –
- Installing the required dependencies. yum install mesa-libGLw libXp gamin audiofile audiofile-devel e2fsprogs-libs libpng12 libXmu libXt libXi libXinerama libxcb tcsh xorg-x11-fonts-ISO8859-1-100dpi xorg-x11-fonts-ISO8859-1-75dpi liberation-mono-fonts liberation-fonts-common liberation-sans-fonts liberation-serif-fonts
- We need to symlink
libtiff.so.3( you need to have
- Downloading the Maya
- You can download it using
curl -# -L -O http://download.autodesk.com/us/support/files/maya_2015_service_pack_5/Autodesk_Maya_2015_SP5_English_Linux.tgz
- Unzip the package. tar -xvf -o Autodesk_Maya_2015_SP5_English_Linux.tgz
- cd into the directory. cd Autodesk_Maya_2015_SP5_English_Linux.tgz/
setup./setup # use sudo if not root user.
- You need to click next and then choose the installation type. If you are going with
standalonego ahead with that. If you prefer network installation go ahead with that (I have not tested network install).
- Insert your serial key and product key.
- Then choose the packages you want to bundle while installing.
- The installation screen should look something like this.
- If you get an error message that says the following. Sorry to disturb you – but I get this error
Stack trace: /lib64/libc.so.6
- You can fix this issue by symlink this file. This should fix the issue.
sudo ln -s /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
We can now start working on our new project in Maya.
If for any reason the guide does not work or is giving some kind of error, leave a below and let me know.
If you like this content, please consider buying me a coffee.Buy me a coffee
You will get access to contributer exclusive resources and content.