Synaptic is a package manager with the features given below, it lets you manage your system by offering a safe and easy to use front-end (Graphical Interface).
- Install, remove, upgrade and downgrade single and multiple packages
- System-wide upgrade
- Package search utility
- Manage package repositories
- Find packages by name, description, and several other attributes
- Select packages by status, section, name or a custom filter
- Sort packages by name, status, size or version
- Browse available online documentation related to a package
- Download the latest changelog of a package
- Lock packages to the current version
- Force the installation of a specific package version
- Undo/Redo of selections
- Built-in terminal emulator for the package manager
- Configure packages through the debconf system
- Xapian-based fast search
- Get screenshots from screenshots.debian.net
Installing with software-center
You can install it by searching in the software-center for synaptic and clicking on Synaptic Package Manager
Installing with CLI
Or, alternatively, open a terminal, and enter:
To launch Synaptic, choose
System > Administration > Synaptic Package Manager Or if you are using the Unity interface, open the dash and search for synaptic. Enjoy!!!
if you have any problem feel free to leave a comment below.
I compiled a list of software and services that I use to improve my workflow, here is the link to the list.