Improvements and support added and removed for hardware below:
- Updates to XFS
- Adding support for Samsung’s F2FS file-system
- Improved Btrfs performance
- Improved support for ACPI power management
- Improved support for audio drivers
- Dropping support for the Intel 386 CPU
- AVX optimizations
- Improved performance for AMD Radeon/Nvidia
- Adding support for Intel “Haswell” CPU, etc.
You can check for more features and changes for kernel 3.8 here.
**Installation Linux Kernel 3.8 (Main)
wget http://dl.dropbox.com/u/47950494/upubuntu.com/kernel-3.8 -O kernel-3.8
chmod +x kernel-3.8
sudo sh kernel-3.8
For problems faced while upgrading to this kernel, you may check some tutorials we have written in the **System **category in our blog that may help you fix your system.
Removing Linux Kernel 3.8 (Uninstalling)
To remove Kernel 3.8 completely from your system, enter this command:
sudo apt-get purge linux-image-3.8.0*
If you like this article share it and for more article like our Facebook Page
I compiled a list of software and services that I use to improve my workflow, here is the link to the list.